Ngomong-ngomong tentang buah manggsi, ternyata ada fakta menarik tentang kulit buah yang satu ini. Dulunya, kita sering membuang kulit buah manggis, karena mungkin belum mengetahui keajaiban buah yang berwarna coklat kemerahan ini. biasanya, kalau kita membeli manggis seberat satu kilo, pasti lehih banyak kulitnya dari pada isinya. dari itu, sekarang tak perlu lagi membuang-buang kulit manggis dalam jumlah banyak.
Manfaat kulit manggis ini dikutip dari detik.com ada sekitar 75 manfaat yang dapat kita peroleh dari kulit manggis, jika kita rutin meminumnya. Asalkan telaten hasil yang maksimal pasti akan kita dapatkan, diantaranya :
Untuk Kesehatan Tubuh menyeluruh :
1. Memperkuat sistem kekebalan.
2. Menyembuhkan peradangan.
3. Memperbaiki komunikasi antar sel.
4. Mengagalkan kerusakan DNA.
5. Alat bantu sistem getah bening.
6. Memelihara optimal fungsi kelenjar gondok.
7. Mengurangi resistensi insulin.
8. Membantu penurunan berat badan.
9. Menyembuhkan kerusakan urat syaraf.
10. Menyeimbangkan sistem kelenjar endokrin.
11. Alat bantu dari sinergi tubuh.
12. Meringankan wasir.
13. Membantu menurunkan kadar gula dalam darah (hypoglycemia).
14. Meringankan penyakit kulit kemerah-merahan/bersisik (psoriasis).
15. Membantu menyembuhkan luka.
16. Meringankan sakit akibat carpal tunnel syndrome (penyakit yang terjadi pada pergelangan tangan serta jari yang disebabkan oleh tekanan yang sering terjadi pada bagian tersebut. Dan biasanya sering diakibatkan karena terlalu sering memakai keyboard dan mouse).
17. Menghilangkan penyakit kulit kering bersisik kronis (neurodermatitis). Kandungan anti peradangan dari manggis dapat mengurangi sisik dan gatal pada penyakit kulit.
Untuk Kesehatan Jantung :
18. Membantu mencegah penyakit jantung.
19. Memperkuat pembuluh darah.
20. Menurunkan kolesterol LDL.
21. Menurunkan tekanan darah tinggi.
22. Membantu mencegah arteriosclorosis.
Kesehatan Pencernaan :
23. Membantu mengatasi penyakit GERD (penyakit kronik yang ditandai dengan mengalirnya asam lambung ke dalam kerongkongan).
24. Membantu menyembuhkan borok/bisul.
25. Meringankan syndrome kelainan usus besar (IBS).
26. Membantu menghentikan diare.
27. Dapat meringankan peradangan usus besar ataupun kecil yang dikenal dengan Crohn`s disease.
28. Bisa mencegah salah satu penyakit radang usus besar (diverticulitis).
Membuat Lebih Awet Muda :
29. Menambah energi, meningkatkan kegembiraan dan menaikkan stamina.
30. Memperlambat proses penuaan.
31. Membantu menghindari penyakit kemerosotan pada otak (dementia & Alzheimer`s).
32. Membantu mencegah batu ginjal.
33. Membantu mencegah penyakit sistem syaraf (parkinson).
34. Meredakan sakit akibat radang sendi.
35. Memperbaiki kerusakan dari penggunaan obat penghilang rasa sakit (NSAID).
36. Alat bantu untuk mata.
Kesehatan keluarga :
37. Menurunkan demam.
38. Mengatasi keracunan makanan.
39. Menyembuhkan luka tenggorakan.
40. Membantu menyembuhkan sariawan.
41. Mengatasi sesak nafas.
42. Membantu mengurangi migran (sakit kepala sebelah).
43. Mengurangi sakit gigi.
44. Alat bantu tidur yang alami.
45. Meningkatkan kemampuan untuk mengatasi stess.
46. Meningkatkan mood dan menurunkan depresi.
47. Alat bantu kesehatan otot dan sendi.
48. Menghilangkan jerawat dan cacat pada kulit.
49. Menghilangkan bekas gigitan, terbakar dan keracunan.
50. Meringankan keseleo, ketegangan otot dan sendi.
51. Meringankan sakit perut.
52. Meringankan radang tenggorokan (bronchitis), pembengkakan paru-paru (emphysema), dan radang paru-paru (pneumonia).
53. Bekerja sebagai obat penghilang rasa sesak/mampat pada hidung (decongestant).
Kesehatan Pria :
54. Membantu mencegah kemandulan.
55. Membantu mencegah pembesaran prostat.
Kesehatan Wanita :
56. Meringankan kesulitan buang air kecil.
57. Sebagai obat pencuci perut yang lembut.
58. Meminimalkan gejala sakit sebelum menstruasi (PMS).
59. Meringankan gejala menopause.
60. Menurunkan pembengkakan saat menstruasi.
61. Meringkan sakit pada otot, ligamen, atau tendon (fibromyalgia).
62. Meringankan sakit akibat penyakit menurunnya kepadatan tulang/pengapuran tulang (osteoporosis).
Kesehatan Anak-Anak :
63. Membantu meringkan penyakit asma.
64. Bisa mencegah gangguan hyperaktif dan kurang perhatian (ADHD) dan alergi makanan.
65. Membentuk gigi dan tulang yang lebih kuat.
Mengatasi Penyakit :
66. Mencegah penyakit gusi.
67. Memberantas penyakit TBC.
68. Menurunkan efek samping ketidaktoleranan laktosa.
69. Membantu mencegah disentri.
70. Membantu mencegah penyakit sistem syaraf pusat (multiple sclerosis).
71. Bisa mencegah kanker.
72. Meringankan penyakit inflamasi kronik (peradangan menahun) yang menyerang struktur tulang belakang dan terutama sendi panggul (Ankylosing Spondylitis).
73. Membantu mencegah infeksi paru-paru dan pernafasan kronis (cyctic fibrosis).
74. Mencegah gejala yang berhubungan dengan penyakit lupus.
75. Mengurangi penyakit lemas otot yang parah (Myasthenia Gravis).
bagaimana cara membuat jus manggis?
sebenarnya simple. ambil bagian dalam kulit manggis, jangan sampai mengenai kulit terluar karena rasanya pasti akan pahit. tambahkan susu, coklat, alpukat, sedikit gula, sesuai selere, lalu tambahkan air. belder. Juss siap dihidangkan.
selamat mencoba dan semoga bermanfaat 🙂
JANGAN anggap sepele kacang hijau. Ya, kacang berukuran kecil di antara jenis kacang-kacangan ini ternyata memiliki khasiat untuk menyembuhkan berbagai penyakit. Selama ini yang kita tahu, kacang hijau adalah makanan bergizi yang sedap dimakan setelah dijadikan bubur kacang hijau atau kue-kue.
Kandungan gizi yang terdapat dalam kacang hijau, antara lain; dalam 110 gram kacang hijau mengandung 345 kalori, 22,2 gram protein, 1,2 gram lemak, vitamin A, B1, 1,157 IU, mineral berupa fosfor, zat besi, dan mg. Nah, selain kandungan gizi/vitamin, kacang hijau ternyata bisa menyembuhkan penyakit beri-beri, radang ginjal, melancarkan pencernaan, tekanan darah tinggi, mengatasi keracunan alkohol, pestisida, timah hitam, mengatasi gatal karena biang keringat, muntaber, menguatkan fungsi limpa dan lambung, impotensi, TBC paru-paru, jerawat, mengatasi flek hitam di wajah, dll.
Kacang hijau juga bisa menurunkan demam, bahkan menurut hasil penelitian, kacang hijau adalah penurun demam yang terbaik bila dibandingkan dengan penurun demam dari ramuan tradisional lainnya. Hebatnya lagi, biar direbus lama, sampai hancur, kacang hijau tetap berkhasiat, tidak terpengaruh dengan panas. Berbeda dengan kacang, sayur, buah, dan bahan ramuan tradisional lainnya yang bila direbus terlalu lama, akan menurunkan khasiat pengobatannya. Di kala obat-obatan sedang mahal harganya, apa salahnya mencoba resep tradisional dari kacang hijau ini. Inilah beberapa resep di antaranya.
Rebus 30 gram kacang hijau dengan 30 gram daun sendok dalam air 400 cc. Ramuan dimasak dalam periuk tanah sampai matang. Sesudah dingin, tambahkan madu secukupnya. Minum ramuan ini secara teratur sampai kencing tidak tersendat-sendat lagi.
Banyak resep tradisional untuk mengatasi sakit perut, mulai dari daun jambu biji yang sudah terbukti ampuh dan ramuan lainnya. Sekali ini coba resep dari kacang hijau. Rebus 60 gram kacang hijau tambahkan 15 biji merica, 3 gram kayu manis, 3 gram pala, 3 gram kapulaga, 3 gram cengkih, dan 2 ruas jahe. Semua bahan direbus dengan air 1 liter. Panaskan terus sampai menjadi larutan sebanyak 1/2 liter, lalu minum teratur.
Biang keringat anak-anak
Anak-anak yang terkena biang keringat sering rewel, wajar karena merasa gatal. Coba resep kacang hijau ini. Rebus 60 gram kacang hijau yang sudah dijadikan bubuk dulu, lalu tambahkan 50 gram tanaman krokot, rebus dengan air secukupnya. Setelah matang, saring, lalu minumkan 3 kali sehari.
Aduh, jengkelnya bila terserang bisul. Apalagi bila bisul itu bercokol di bagian bokong, mau duduk saja sulitnya bukan main. Banyak obat untuk bisul yang umumnya untuk pengobatan luar alias dioleskan pada tubuh yang ditumbuhi bisul. Nah, resep ini untuk pengobatan bisul dari dalam. Rebus 50 gram kacang merah kecil dengan 50 gram kacang hijau, 50 gram kacang hitam dan 2 ruas jahe. Semua bahan, kecuali jahe, direbus. Jahe direbus tersendiri dan hasil rebusan jahe dicampurkan ke rebusan kacang-kacangan tadi. Lalu minum teratur. Namun, ramuan ini hanya untuk bisul yang belum matang. Kalau bisul sudah matang, harus ditambahkan lagi madu.
Menguatkan seksualitas pria
Banyak sekali resep tradisional ditulis untuk mengatasi penyakit yang mengakibatkan pria tidak perkasa, mulai dari berbagai jamu sampai obat yang diimpor dengan harga — tentu saja — mahal. Bagaimana kalau mencoba resep kacang hijau plus ini? Rebus 30 gram kacang hijau bersama-sama 2 ruas jahe, 15 gram merica, 15 gram adas, 15 gram pulosari, 15 gram biji kucai, 15 gram biji paria, dan 15 gram biji ketumbar. Semua bahan direbus dengan air 600 cc dan jadikan 300 cc, minum teratur sampai terbukti khasiatnya.
Rambut Anda sedikit demi sedkit rontok? Coba resep ini. Kacang hijau direbus dengan 1 gelas air. Perhatikan saat merebus jangan sampai kacangnya pecah. Jadi setelah tampak agak matang, tetapi tidak pecah, segera angkat. Setelah dingin, air rebusan kacang hijau ini digunakan untuk membasahi kulit kepala sembari dipijit-pijit beberapa lama. Biarkan kering, baru keramas.
Ramuan untuk mengatasi penyakit mag lumayan banyak. Setiap penderita merasa cocok dengan salah satu resep. Yang ini resep mengatasi penyakit mag dengan kacang hijau. Sekira 1/4 kg kacang hijau dijemur sampai kering lalu tumbuk sampai halus. Setelah itu ambil 1 sendok makan bubuk kacang hijau, lalu seduh dengan air hangat secukupnya, minum teratur.
Varises adalah tonjolan-tonjolan di bagian kaki. Kemunculan varises memang mengganggu keindahan kaki. Coba resep ini, 1 genggam kacang hijau direbus dengan 2 gelas air. Biarkan sampai airnya susut sebanyak 1 gelas. Minum rebusan ini 2 kali sehari, pagi dan menjelang tidur. Selain itu, saat akan tidur, angkat kaki dan tempatkan di tempat yang lebih tinggi dari kepala, diamkan selama 10 menit, lakukan dengan rajin sembari minum rebusan kacang hijau.
Berikan 1 gelas air rebusan kacang hijau ditambah 1 sendok makan madu untuk bayi yang terserang demam. Berikan rebusan ini sesendok demi sesendok.
Bagi Anda yang hanya ingin mengonsumsi kacang hijau dengan cara dijadikan bubur, coba lakukan tips sederhana ini. Semua ibu rumah tangga sudah paham betul bahwa menggodok kacang hijau itu tidak sebentar, perlu makan waktu sampai kacang lunak betul. Bagaimana caranya supaya kacang cepat lunak? Rebus kacang sampai mendidih, lalu angkat. Diamkan beberapa lama sampai agak dingin. Setelah itu rebus kembali untuk kedua kalinya. Nah, hasilnya kacang hijau cepat lunak. Jadi mengirit waktu dan BBM. (Agah Nugraha/berbagai sumber).***
About these ads
- Write the short summary of the scene
- What is the theme in scene 3?
- Who are the characters in the scene? Describe his/ her personality/ characteristic shown in the scene!
- What is the setting of the place and time of the scene (where and when the event happen?)
- Identify the messages or values conveyed in the scene
- Identify the figurative language of the scene
- 1. Summary
The words “After the fiasco—” appear on the screen as the scene opens. Tom stands on the fire escape landing and addresses the audience. He explains that in the wake of what Tom refers to as the “fiasco” with Laura’s college attendance, Amanda has become obsessed with procuring a gentleman caller for Laura. The image of a young man at the house with flowers appears on the screen. Tom says that in order to make a little extra money and thereby increase the family’s ability to entertain suitors, Amanda runs a telephone subscription campaign for a magazine called The Homemaker’s Companion.
The cover of a glamour magazine appears on the screen, and Amanda enters with a telephone. She makes a cheerful, elaborate, unsuccessful sales pitch to an acquaintance on the telephone, and then the lights dim. When they come up again, Tom and Amanda are engaged in a loud argument while Laura looks on desperately. Tom is enraged because his mother affords him no privacy and, furthermore, has returned the D. H. Lawrence novel he was reading to the library. She states that she will not permit that kind of “filth” in her house. Tom points out that he pays the rent and attempts to end the conversation by leaving the apartment. Amanda insists that Tom hear her out. She attributes his surly attitude to the fact that he spends every night out—doing something shameful, in her opinion—though he insists that he spends his nights at the movies. Amanda asserts that, by coming home late and depriving himself of sleep, he is endangering his job and, therefore, the family’s security. Tom responds with a fierce outburst. He expresses his hatred for the factory, and he claims to envy the dead whenever he hears Amanda’s daily call of “Rise and Shine!” He points out how he goes to work each day nonetheless and brings home the pay, how he has put aside all his dreams, and, if he truly were as selfish as Amanda claims, how he would have left long ago, just like his father.
Tom makes a move toward the door. Amanda demands to know where he is going. When she does not accept his response that he is going to the movies, he declares sarcastically that she is right and that he spends his nights at the lairs of criminals, opium houses, and casinos. He concludes his speech by calling Amanda an “ugly—babbling old—witch” and then grabs his coat. The coat resists his clumsy attempts to put it on, so he throws it to the other side of the room, where it hits Laura’s glass menagerie, her collection of glass animal figurines. Glass breaks, and Laura utters a cry and turns away. Barely noticing the broken menagerie, Amanda declares she will not speak to Tom until she receives an apology. Tom bends down to pick up the glass and glances at Laura as if he would like to say something but says nothing. The “Glass Menagerie” .
By the end of Scene Three, Williams has established the personalities of each of the three Wingfields and the conflicts that engage them. Tom’s frustration with his job and home life, Amanda’s nostalgia for her past and demands for the family’s future, and Laura’s social and physical handicaps all emerge quickly through the dialogue. There is almost no down time in the play because every scene is dominated by heightened emotions like anger and disillusionment or by major issues in the characters’ lives, such as Laura’s marriage prospects. The play always presents characters with measured ambiguity: each of them is deeply flawed, yet none is completely unsympathetic.
Amanda comes the closest to being a genuine antagonist. Her constant nagging suffocates and wounds her children, and her pettiness decreases her credibility in the eyes of her children and the audience. For example, her complaints about Tom’s nighttime excursions may be legitimate, but they get lost in the reproaches she heaps upon him for his eating habits. Yet the hardship of her life as a single mother inspires sympathy. Her magazine subscription campaign is humiliating work, but it is a sacrifice and indignity that she is willing to undergo out of concern for her daughter’s eventual happiness.
Mr. Wingfield’s photograph hangs over everything that occurs onstage, indicating that, though the family has not seen him for years, he still plays a crucial role in their lives. Tom has been forced to adopt his absent father’s role of breadwinner, and he is both tantalized and haunted by the idea that he might eventually adopt his father’s role as deserter. Tom voices this possibility explicitly at the end of Scene Three, and we suspect that this occasion is not the first time he has done so. In fact, Amanda’s apparently intrusive and unjustified concern with what her son reads and where he goes at night may stem from her awareness of this possibility. Her husband left her, we learn, because he “fell in love with long distances.” With that in mind, it seems perfectly reasonable that she should be suspicious whenever Tom strays, mentally or physically, into any world outside their cramped apartment. The landing on the fire escape, where Tom is seen standing in Scene Three, ominously represents just what its name suggests: a route of escape from the “slow and implacable fires of human desperation” that burn steadily in the Wingfield household.
Close-knit, dysfunctional families are among Williams’s favorite subjects, and the subject matter of The Glass Menagerie is closely connected to Williams’s own life. Williams (whose real name was Thomas) spent a number of difficult years in St. Louis with his family, and for some of that time, he worked in a shoe factory. As a child, he was very close to his older sister, Rose, who, like Laura, was delicate and absorbed in fantasy. Rose even kept a collection of glass animals. As an adult, Rose was diagnosed with schizophrenia and eventually underwent a lobotomy in 1937. Williams never forgave his mother, a domineering former Southern belle like Amanda, for ordering the procedure. The use of “Blue Roses” as a nickname and symbol for Laura in her happiest moments (which quickly turn painful) is an explicit tribute to Rose Williams.
- 2. Theme?
The plot of The Glass Menagerie is structured around a series of abandonments. Mr. Wingfield’s desertion of his family has created their economic situation; Jim’s desertion of Laura is the center of the play’s dramatic action; and Tom’s abandonment of his family is the final act.
- 3. Who are the characters in the scene? Describe his/ her personality/ characteristic shown in the scene!
- Amanda Wingfield
Amanda : over protective, hurry to take action
Amanda is full of other paradoxes. She wants only the best for her children, but then she fails to understand that what they most want is quite different from what she wants for them. She does gear her whole life toward their happiness because she doesn’t want them to make the same mistakes that she made and yet in devoting herself to them, she has made herself overbearing and nagging.
Thus Amanda is a person who lives alternately between a world of illusion and a world of reality. This fluctuation between these two worlds is her only defense against the boredom and emptiness of living.
- Tom : temperament boy, possessive, rebel
Tom Wingfield was the potentially creative character caught in a conventional and materialistic world. He was the free spirit who had to curb his wings by working at a dreaded and disliked job in a shoe warehouse. Tom had his own independent world composed of those things he considered important — his poetry, his dreams, his freedom, his adventure, and his illusions. All these things were in direct opposition to his mother’s world, but Tom’s conflict was between his world and the realistic world. He was realist enough to recognize his sister’s plight. He knew that his mother’s dreams of gentlemen callers were false. He recognized that he had no future with the warehouse and he knew that he had to act without pity or else be destroyed as a sensitive being. He was forced, then, to leave his mother and sister or to be destroyed and consumed by their worlds of illusion, deception, and withdrawal.
For years, Tom had sought escape from Amanda’s nagging inquisition and commands by attending movies almost nightly. This was his search for adventure. But Tom was soon to realize that he was watching adventure rather than living it. He realized, also, that the movies and drinking were only momentary psychological escapes. He used movies as a type of adventure to compensate for his own dull life and to escape from the nagging reminders of his everyday life. He needed escape from Amanda’s domineering instructions as how to eat, when to eat, what to eat, how to quit smoking, how to improve himself, what to read, and so forth. When she began confiscating the books which he had brought home, his life became almost intolerable. If Amanda could not appreciate the greatness of an established creative genius, his own creative endeavors would never be understood or appreciated. Finally, when Tom tries to make his mother see that he is different from her, that he is not an exact reproduction of her own ideas, Amanda rejects the things which Tom stands for. Tom contended that “man is by instinct” a lover, a hunter, and a fighter. These are qualities which Amanda’s husband possessed and she refused to recognize these qualities as decent. Therefore, Tom could only recognize his own instinctual drives by leaving home.
- Laura : sensitive
- 4. What is the setting of the place and time of the scene (where and when the event happen?)
Where: apartment in a lower class part of St. Louis (1937)
When: in the early spring
- 5. Identify the messages or values conveyed in the scene
We should respect to every body’s personal privacy.
- 6. Identify the figurative language of the scene
- Laura’s Glass Menagerie
It is a symbol for Laura’s life. It’s easy to broken, so do her. As the title of the play informs us, the glass menagerie, or collection of animals, is the play’s central symbol. Laura’s collection of glass animals represents different parts of her personality. She is oddly beautiful and, like her glass pieces, very delicate. She , like her beloved animals, lives in a cage from which she cannot escape.
- Gentleman Caller
The “expected something that we live for.”
For Tom, the idea of escape is most important. He constantly escapes to the unreality of the movies.
- Briefly describe the setting, indicating what it “says” and what atmosphere it evokes.
- How would you characterize Mr. Henderson, the country attorney?
- In what way or ways are Mrs. Peters and Mrs. Hale different from each other?
- On page 647, “The women’s eyes meet for an instant.” What do you think this bit of action “says”? What do you understand by the exchange of glances?
- Do you thing the play is immoral? Explain!
- Glaspell conveys the setting in three realms: domain (kitchen) time (era), regional and (geographical)
Setting: Domain (kitchen)
The kitchen in the now abandoned farmhouse of John Wright, a gloomy kitchen, and left without having been put in order–unwashed pans under the sink, a loaf of bread outside the bread-box, a dish-towel on the table–other signs of incompleted work.
In the opening of the drama we can see that the setting is located in the kitchen.but what happened to the kitchen? It’s a gloomy kitchen. It indicates the situation in John Wright house that is gloomy. We know that kitchen is a domain place for women in that era. This drama published in 1916. In that era, women’s domain is limited to the home and primarily the kitchen. They don’t play an important situation. Even women in the United States had not been granted the right to vote and also could not sit on juries. Males dominated all aspects of life at this time, except for caring of the home and children. Women were “decorative, useful in the home, but that’s all”.
Incomplete work indicates that Ms. Wright is incompetence housekeeper. She let her kitchen messy and it’s not good to see. It might she let it messy in the case of her duty as a wife is gone because her husband died.
MRS. HALE I’d hate to have men coming into my kitchen, snooping around and criticising.
[She arranges the pans under sink which the Lawyer had shoved out of place.
We can see through Mrs. Hale speech that it’s a kind of feminism speech. As we know in that era is an era Susan Glaspel is feminism genre. The speech indicates that the man in that era used to snooping and criticizing. Criticizing is a bad idea when the man see him self as the most important human in the world and they forget about human right for the woman. The woman just as a “Decorative” and that’s why Mrs. Hale hate to have men coming into her kitchen. The underlying thrust of the play in this case is the pitting of the men against the women, both intellectually (their ability to solve the murder) and domain wise (the men do all of their investigating everywhere but in the kitchen – solely the woman’s domain).
SHERIFF [Looking about.] It’s just the same. When it dropped below zero last night I thought I’d better send Frank out this morning to make a fire for us–no use getting pneumonia with a big case on, but I told him not to touch anything except the stove
we can see that the setting of the place is on the winter time. “When it dropped zero last night”…. Glaspel is a great writer. She tend to use the sentence which indicates it’s setting implicitly rather than explicitly by using the word “Winter” in her script. She use that sentence to explain the character it self like the sheriff in this case.
- Mr. Henderson is a type of serious-minded detectives. He treats the woman in to not good atmosphere so the two women are scare. It makes the women hide the evidence “the bird” which they found in the kitchen. He doesn’t give a chance to the woman to use their idea about the case. Because of his character, the important evident is hidden. It indicates the way he thinking about him self that his intellectual is upper the women that he can solve the case.
- Mrs. Peters and Mrs. Hale are differs in the way of their thinking and their life experience. Mrs. Peter is a kind of soft woman because of her experience before. She loose her child when her child was 2 years old. It makes her know how to feel in stillness when we are lifted by someone that we love. She understands what Mr. Wright feels as what she has felt. In giving a speech she uses to think using her consideration. In contrast with Mrs. Peters, Mrs. Hale is a little bit hard woman but in fact she is a sympathy woman. The way she speaks, she tends to care for Mrs. Wright and know the ways she solve the problem. She lied first about the “bird” where in fact she hides it. A typical of care women, and speech with a little consideration but act full of consideration.
- On page 647, “The women’s eyes meet for an instant”
What happened to this action? This small action indicates the scheme to the women. They surprise to the County attorney speech :
COUNTY ATTORNEY No, Peters, it’s all perfectly clear except a reason for doing it. But you know juries when it comes to women. If there was some definite thing. Something to show–something to make a story about–a thing that would connect up with this strange way of doing it–
The women realize that they are wrong in hide the evidence. But they must keep it in order to save Mrs. Wright. They know at the time county attorney speech about “Something to show—something to make a story about”. What’s that? It’s the canary bird that they hide. They still don’t know weather Mrs. Wright kill the bird or Mr. Wright that did it. So they must hide in in the two considerations.
- The play is immoral because of man treating to the woman.
The attorney and sheriff decide that there is nothing important in the room: “Nothing here but kitchen things.”
(Feminist Criticism Hint: This line is the first of many disparaging comments said to minimize the importance of women in society.) The men criticize Mrs. Wright’s housekeeping skills, irking Mrs. Hale and the sheriff’s wife, Mrs. Peters.
What Mr. Henderson did to the woman is not a good attitudes for treating the woman like that, as in the years the drama published in 1916 where the women just as a “decorative” things. What he thinks about the two women is they are unimportant part to this case. They will not know about this case so far where in fact they found the important evidence. He doesn’t give a chance and a faith for the two woman to make this case more easily to finished. So, In this drama we can find that man just self-important things and it as an immoral thing.
RENCANA PELAKSANAAN PEMBELAJARAN (RPP) SMP
Satuan Pendidikan : KTSP
Mata pelajaran : Bahasa Inggris
Kelas/Semester : VII/Ganjil
Keterampilan yg difokuskan : Speaking
Genre : transactional/interpersonal
Alokasi waktu : 2 x 45 menit
Standar Kompetensi : 3 berbicara
3. Mengungkapkan makna dalam percakapan transaksional dan interpersonal sangat sederhana untuk berinteraksi dengan lingkungan terdekat
Kompetensi Dasar : 3.1
Mengungkapkan makna dalam percakapan transaksional (to get things done) dan interpersonal (bersosialisasi) dengan menggunakan ragam bahasa lisan sangat sederhana secara akurat, lancar, dan berterima
- I. Kognitif
- A. Produk
- Mampu memberikan instruksi secara lisan kepada teman kelasnya.
- Mampu menyebut nama-nama alat musik.
- Mampu mendemonstrasikan percakapan sesuai gambar yang diberikandidepan kelas secara berkelompok
- B. Proses
- mampu menyebutkan nama alat musik yang ada dalam gambar.
- mampu memperkirakan instruksi berdasarkan gambar yang diberikan.
- Affectif (mengembangkan perilaku social dan berkarakter)
- Mampu mengekspresikan sikap hormat dan perhatian dalam berkenalan dan memperkenalkan diri
- Psikomotor ( Penggunaan ICT)
- Mampu menggunakan ICT sebagai sarana untuk
- Mendemonstasikan percakapan dengan tema ‘introduction’melalui facebook call.
- memberikan instruksi kepada rekan kerja kelompoknya melalui facebook call.
- I. Kognitif
- Diberika gambar tentang “Alat musik” dan “hadiah ulang tahun”, siswa mampu mendiskripsikan tentang gambar yang diberikan dengan kesalahan 20%
- Diberikan gambar tentang ‘introduction’, siswa mampu mendemonstasikan gambar dengan mengambil pelajaran dari video dengan kesalahan 20%
- Diberikan gambar tentang alat musik, siswa mampu menyebutkan jumlah alat musik yang telah diberikan dengan kesalahan 5%.
- Diberikan gambar tentang alat musik, siswa mampu menyebutkan angka-angka dalam bahasa Inggris dengan kesalahan 10%.
- Diberikan flashcard dengan tema ‘how are you’ dan ‘phone number’, siswa mampu menyebutkan nama dalam flashcard tersebut dengan kesalahan 25%
- Affectif (mengembangkan perilaku social dan berkarakter)
- Terlibat dalam keseluruhan proses belajar mengajar dan dengan diberikan cara mengekspresikan sikap dan perasaan terhadap satu kejadian serta respon terhadap sikap dan perasaan seseorang sesuai dengan budaya barat dan budaya local (C), siswa (A):
- Mampu mengekspresikan(B) sikap atau perasaannya terhadap kejadian yang ada dengan baik (D)
- Mampu memberikan respon (B) terhadap ekspresi sikap dan perasaan seseorang dengan sopan (D)
Psikomotor (Penggunaan ICT)
- Ditugaskan untuk melakukan percakapan dengan video call dan menggunakan ICT sebagai sarana(C) siswa (A) dapat
- mendemonstrasikan percakapan dengan tema introduction dengan baik
- Materi ‘introduction’ berbentuk:
- Tata bahasa
- Kata terkait tema
- Kata terkait jenis teks
- Ungkapan baku
- Model Pembelajaran : Individual dan Cooperative Learning
- Pendekatan/Metode/Teknik Pembelajaran
- Communicative Approach
- Role play
|Pre-activity (+ 15 menit)
|Whilst activity (65 menit)
|Closure (10 menit)
Catatan bagi guru:
- Dalam melaksanakan RPP ini guru sebaiknya menyiapkan video introduction dengan mengunduh di internet.
- Guru perlu memperhatikan waktu ketika siswa memperaktikan ‘speaking in front of class’. Sebaiknya siswa diberikan batasan waktu agar waktu pertemuan tidak habis hanya untuk memperaktikan speaking.
Speaking test melalui video call
- English in Focus for Grade VII
POINTERS (kelebihan dari RPP ini)
- 1. Memasukkan unsur budaya (appreciation) sebagai salah satu cara untuk mengembangkan karakter
- 2. Memasukkan penggunaan ICT dalam pembelajaran
- 1. Buat secara eksplisit semua indikator dalam scenario pembelajaran
- 1. Rubrik Penilaian Video Call
Indikator Pencapaian Kompetensi
|Mengungkapkan berbagai tindak tutur:
||Video call||Tanya jawab
2. ask your friend about her/his birthday
3. ask your friend if she/he want to come to your house to play with you
4. ask your friend about her/his phone number.
- Pedoman Penilaian
Jumlah skor maksimal keseluruhan 25
Nilai Siswa = skor maksimal x 4
- Rubrik Penilaian
Standard of Pronunciation: Standard of Delivery and Performance:
FINAL ASSIGNMENT OF TEXTBOOK ANALYSIS Interlanguage: English for Senior High School Students XII (BSE)
Description of the textbook
Title of the book: Interlanguage: English for Senior High School Students XII
Author : Joko Priyana, Ph. D
Triyani Retno Putri Saridewi
Publisher : Pusat Perbukuan, Departemen Pendidikan Nasional 2008
Page :222 pages
Cove r : colorful
The book has 8 units, they are:
- Gecko Had Come to Lodge a Complaint
- Illegal Drugs Can Damage Important Organs
- The Impact of Global Warming Could be Devastating
- Should Student be Allowed to Take Part-time Jobs?
- The Penalty Should be Increased
Unit Review Semester 1
- Let Me Tell You a Story about Fairies
- There is Definitely a lot of Helpful Information In the Book
- Check Out These Friendship Movies
The book contains:
- The four skills: listening, speaking, reading, and writing.
- Vocabulary, phonology, phonetic, grammar (morphology, syntax)
- Functional skill
- Top-down and bottom-up processing strategies
- One way task, two way task
- Combination of diskurs and handlen textbook
Textbook linked to Interlanguage: English for senior high school students XII are designed to develop student competence in four skills that are in two learning cycle. The first cycle is oral cycle and the second is writing cycle. The first cycle contains 2 skills that is listening and writing and the second cycle contains reading and writing. the book contains receptive skills: written (reading) and spoken (writing), productive: written (writing), and spoken (speaking), and the translation is from English. This book is developed in communicative approach principle.
In language learning of this book, it begins with pre activity, whilst activity and post activity. In pre activity, the students are always given some pictures to study and question to answer. In whilst activity the students given a chance to act that is by prepared listening cassette (the cassette complete with the book), completing the passage and student have to share the answer with the classmate. To rich the learning objectives, the book talks about expression, and functional text in each chapter. The book doesn’t hung upon one chapter but the students can learn from whatever chapter they want because each chapter are design with complete expression and functional text. For interactional view, it makes the learner active because the book contains two way tasks. Linguistic feature such as phonetic are put in the book in each activity. What make it interesting? Is that the book are finished by the summery of what they learn in each chapter and if they want to learn the book again, they don’t need to read from the first page but at the last page of the summary in each chapter.
Aspects of language system are taught are the phonology, grammar (syntax), vocabulary and discourse. Dialect is mostly by geographic situation. It is formal style and natural style. The book has two cycles that are in spoken and written. In spoken cycle, the book contains listening and speaking and in written cycle contains reading and writing. How do the skills are cycle are in a good combination because it has receptive skills and productive skills are combine in two cycle. Vocabulary of the book are translate from English.
Selection and grading of language items
The book follows a communicative syllabus. The learners some time doesn’t aware that they are learning about the functional text, because each chapter doesn’t talk about the functional text as a title, it is introduce by some strategies such as by giving some interesting pictures, expression, dialogues, phonetic, and it finished by the functional text it self. It deals with communicative approach where the targets of the four skills are to develop their four skills by two cycle it self. The book is taught in linier ways.
Presentation and practice of new language items
New grammar items are presented just by reading and writing items. It is appropriate to the given context but fail in communicative approach. The students aren’t given a change to use their oral communication in order to reach the goals of communication. The grammar just a theory and only in one exercise. Vocabularies in the book are in word list and complete with phonetic. The meaning of new lexis taught through context.
Language skills and communicative abilities
It’s a good way by put the listening and speaking skill as the introduction in each chapter. The activities of speaking skills in the book are in not bad organized. After listen the cassette student are ordered to compare their work to their friends. The book has information gap A and B. it facilitate the student to communicate to the learner to get the information from their friends but the activities of speaking here just a few. The book mostly contains of reading and answering questions. The materials in reading are authentic and the material providing by the writer it self where the exercise is based on the material it self. Reading is dominates in each chapter. Not as good as reading, listening is given in one part as the introduction. The book completes it with the cassette and the questions are in the book. For writing skill, it is in a good ways by giving the learner place to make some sentences. In the book, for example after studied the expression, the students are ordered to make sentences in balloon which is prepared in the book. The book contains verbal data, non-verbal data, and procedure. Having that nature of communicative task, the book has lots of activities but mostly are in reading. The book contains picture, through the picture the students are ordered to match the picture with the title given in separate place and the student have to match it. After that, the students are ordered to answer the question, listen the cassette, get the material about expression, have some exercises, having the phonetic which is based on the material, and lots of reading task. The activities for communicative interactions are perform the dialogue in pair.
The book has visual material, recorded material, authentic materials, grammar items, functions, etc. The materials are for progress testing. The test relate to the leaner’s communicative needs where the four skills are taught to develop students competence. The materials require high degree of teacher input but suitable for a teacher who is not a native speaker. The material doesn’t need any specific physical restrains.
Motivation and the learner
The students don’t need to pace the book even though the materials in one chapter are variety. The material of the book doesn’t put the local interest because the book made based on the curriculum in 2006. But it is interesting materials because it is common materials – in chapter 1 for instance, the writer put the story of frog prince, the lion and the mouse etc. What makes the book interesting is that it is full of picture. The book provides the learners something that can motivate the learner such as common knowledge in the world which is suitable to the topic even though the book doesn’t put problem solving in the book.
Actually contain of the book is not based on Indonesian culture because most part of the book are talk about western culture. So, what need to think is that it is as the lack of the book.
In conclusion after analyze Interlanguage: English for Senior High School Students XII, it is a good textbook for some reasons such as:
- Contains communicative task
The book contains handelen textbook and diskurs textboook
- Involve 4 skills such as: listening, speaking, reading and writing
- The book illustrate what will actually happened in the classrooms because the book are in three phrases such as pre-activity, while activity and post-activity
- It is the combination of top-down and bottom up processing strategies where the book not only focuses on learners on the individual component but also macro features.
- It is interesting textbook because it contains lots of picture
Even though it is a good text book, but we can find there some lack of the book that are:
- It doesn’t contain the Indonesian/ Region culture because it is based on Standar Isi 2006. So if we use the text book now days, it will be not so good for culture.
- Has lots of materials. It is impossible to finish it
- Lack of speaking skills
- The book contains lots of reading skill, so it is not good for the time limitation and another skills.